My first stacked images

Finally got the opportunity to go outside last night and test out the new webcam. After a long time trying to get anything visible on the screen i did manage to get a couple of AVI's which I have stacked quickly this morning. Pretty bad quality as for one it was slightly windy last night so the scope was moving quite a bit but pleased to have got what I assume is 4 of Jupiters moons.

Does anyone have any advice on focusing as my focuser is still new and a bit stiff so focusing tents to shoot things like Jupiter off the screen!

post-33231-133877729336_thumb.jpg

post-33231-133877729346_thumb.jpg

depending how confident you are, you could try taking it apart, greasing it and giving it a good use to wear it in, then put it back.

as for the images, not too bad at all for a first attempt. jupiter looks over exposed and the moon soft focussed. if you get the right exposure for jupiter you probably wont be able to get the moons too

clear skies

tom

hi ,what scope do you own ? there is some time a hand screw that locks the focuser in place is that tight?if so loosen of ,when you say its tight ,whilst

turning the focuser is it real stiff ,whats the scope make ect ?

the pics look ok the wind can be a hassle try not have in the 3 legs fully out

Scope is celestron Nexstar 130SLT. The focuser isnt ever so stiff but stiff enough to make it difficult for fine tweeks to focus. The screw to lock it off isnt tight so I think its just because its all new. I will try again tonight and hopefully it wont be windy and not so blooming cold as to be honest I was so cold I gave up after an hour! Thanks for the comments though.

Archived