NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

baader hyperion first light

hemihaggis

hi there just a quick review of my new baader hyperion zoom ,

just been out in my garden , i live in rural ayrshire ,in a small town / large village , about 12 miles from the nearest large town , so i have a little lp ,

this was my first outing with the zoom , my scope is a meade sn10 schmit/newt , my ra motor is away being repaired at the moment , so i was using the scope manually , being an F4 scope i was worried about coma , but there was virtually none at 24mm , this scope does have a corrector plate though and probably has the same coma as an f5or6 regular newt .

i pointed the scope at m42 just for easiness , and i was not disapointed ,.... it was easy to spot at 24mm low mag , so i wound up the zoom all the way to 8mm the image stayed crisp and focused all the way through the range , easily splitting the trapesium . and showed a little hint of grey/blue in the nebulosity , which was especially good tonight as the moon is very bright and close by orion . all in i very pleased with the zoom and cant wait to use it in anger ,when my goto is back to full working order .:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived