Skywatcher 200p Dobsonian - Photography

Help - I'm a total newbie who's spent a couple of months finding my way around the sky with some binnoculars.

I've looked long and hard at the choices for a first telescope (£400 for starters). After reading many pages on this site, I'm now swaying away fom a cheap GOTO scope in favour of the Skywatcher 200P Dobsonian. I'm wanting to take photos and wondered what advice anybody may have regarding this scope?

It comes with a purpose built DSLR attachment but what limitations does this non-tracking scope have?

Is the light intake enough to enable shorter shutter speeds and avoiding blurred subjects? I don't expect Magazine Front Cover standards but if the instant view this scope offers is so good - can it be easily captured through the lense?

Apologies if the answer is so obvious!!

Thanks

B T

I appreciate your advice.

I think I might go the the 200P Dob and enjoy what it has to offer....in the mean time, I'll continue stealing for the kid's money boxes until I can afford such a mount.

Thanks for you time

BT

It's exactly what I did (bar the kids money boxes ... I prefer the wifes :D )

Archived