Stargazing in Colwyn Bay

Hi i have started stargazing and have just brought myself a skywatcher skymax 127 az goto telescope and wanted to know if anyone in the colwyn bay or rhos area would like to come and join in. looking for good locations in the area.

I bought my first telescope from the Cambrian photography shop in colwyn bay on tuesday, I got the 130p Goto. I'm near Wigan though so will not be joining you, I'm sure others will though. It's a Goto way of trying new eyepieces in your scope and you can make good decisions on what kit to spend your hard earned money on.

Good luck.

its more clearer and sharper on the image. i would recommend not going less than 4mm cause i have a 2mm eyepiece but its too much detail feels like your touching it lol. I've been told by sarah in cambrian photos a 4mm is good. But back to the question yeah i think personaly the 127 is better. Hope this helps in any way

• 1 month later...

I live up in Llanelian, right at the very top outside of the village. The view we have of the nights sky is awesome (in the literal sense of the word)I don't have a telescope though, haven't the spare money to buy one, tend to use naked eye or a good pare of binoculours.

Did you see the skies last night? they were lovely and clearr, should hopefully be even better this evening. I was in old colwyn last night and you could clearly see with the naked eye, jupiter, venus, mercury and mars. As well as the brights stars like sirius etc.

Yeah been a good view the last few nights you should just give me a shout you could have looked throught my scope. The last few nights I've seen Jupiter and four if its moons, Saturn, Venus and I think mercury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived