what have i done wrong-philips webcam

Sorry, I posted this question earlier but its not appeared so will re write.

I used webcam for first time last time and encountered major problems and no idea what I did wrong. If I go through what I did maybe someone can tell me where I went wrong ? (its a flashed phillips type)

I set up my scope (skywatcher 200) on its mount and got it tracking all ok. Found the moon, focused it perfectly.

Switched on lappy, attached Philips webcam and opened sharp cap. Set up folder and as far as I know entered correct settings . ie in video capture turned flicker/face detection/zoom.pic enhancement off. On picture set frame rate of 10fps, auto exp off auto wb on. Everything else was in the middle. Other settings were compression-YUY2, frame 10, res 640x480 , back light to left, colour enable to the right, gamma/saturation/brightness in middle.

I then carefully took out the eyepiece( was the one that came with scope- think it was a 10mm wide view) and replaced with the Philips webcam. I didn’t touch the focusing again. All that showed on my laptop was a white blob which could have been anything. I tried altering the gain but this made no difference. I ended up messing with all the settings but nothing resembling the moon showed on my laptop.

I have obviously done something wrong but no idea what. I even thought the webcam itself may be at fault so later took off the ir filter and put the original lens back in but all was working ok so its just me

Archived