SW 150P Dobsonian Owners

Hi all

I will be buying the above scope as soon as funds become available (Mid March)

Could any current or past owners of his scope please advise what they have placed the scope on for comfortable and stable observing and what good value accessories I should consider to enhance my experience.

Cheers all!!!:)

I have just got one of these scopes and I just put the mount on the floor with a garden chair to sit on. I have a bad back so I need to be careful!!. The finder scope is in the worst place and gives me cricked neck. However its a nice svope for the money, I had a good view of the Orion Nebula last night. I bought a Celestron 12mm lx eyepiece, although the supplied ones are ok. I am struggling with collimation at the moment.

I bought the SW200p at Christmas along with a Cheshire Collimator. I have since bought a Telrad finder which is much easier to use than the finder it comes with. The eyepieces that come supplied are ok, however, I took delivery of an 8mm BST Explorer ED (£41 from Skies The Limit). I tried it for the first time last night and the views were great, far superior to the supplied 10mm EP. I'm also still waiting for a Moon filter to be delivered. Hope this helps. Dave

Archived