NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Io transit

Cloudwatcher

Great "heads up" CW - I just caught the start and 1st 20 minutes of transit with my ED80 before the trees intervened. Amazing to see that little black shadow creep slowly onto the planets disk :) :) :o

John

Ah! Thank you John for that very polite admonishment. :) I had just popped in from the garden to let the Forum

know about the transit and didn't think about where to post the advise! Won't happen again Sir! Hope nobody missed out!

Actually that little moon is going at a fair old pace,half way across already! Still got clear skies so I'm off out again.

Cheers

CW

Ah! Thank you John for that very polite admonishment. :) I had just popped in from the garden to let the Forum

know about the transit and didn't think about where to post the advise! Won't happen again Sir! Hope nobody missed out!

Actually that little moon is going at a fair old pace,half way across already! Still got clear skies so I'm off out again.

Cheers

CW

No way an admonishment CW :) - I would not have spotted this if it had been in the "Heads Up" section I as thought that was just for astro sales stuff rather than key astro events like a transit.

I was simply thanking you for the alert - I read it then raced straight out with the scope (thank goodness for grab and go !) and caught the very start of the transit.

Anyway I'm not a mod so I wouldn't presume to admonish anybody :o

Thanks again,

John

Archived