Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Replacement CG5 clutch levers

Jinx

Hi folks, having snapped off a clutch lever (see previous post), I was wondering if anyone new where I could get hold of a spare / new one.

I have emailed Celestron but they haven't got back to me yet, and figured someone here must know of a UK stockist.

I have checked astromart and ebay, but no luck there.

Thanks in advance,

Did you email Celestron in the Uk or Usa ?

If its here then i would of thought most dealers would be able to order one from David Hinds as he is the Uk importer.

Who did you purchase your scope from as i would of thought they were the first call

• 2 months later...

Hi.

I too purchased a second hand cg5 and the tripod leg is missing one of the levers, here is a pic: lever.jpg

is this the same lever which you were looking to replace?

And if so did you have any luck?

I live in ireland so would probably need to get a replacement from a uk source.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, that's not the same one, mine is from the alignment locks on the mount body. But I have made do without, just using a spanner each time. I believe that the contact Kai posted can source them, also it is worth phoning stockists in your area, they can get hold of Celestron for you.

• 1 month later...

What a saga, having tried David Hinds, I was told to try a dealer. Having gone through the usual suspects Rother Valley kindly informed me that they would try Hinds on my behalf, and returned with the news that Celestron don't do spares, and that David Hinds could not organise them for the dealers. I went back to Hinds complaining of this response. Hinds apologised then asked me to explain exactly which part I was after. Makes you wonder how they could originally check availability... Having emailed the part name - R. A locking lever and a description as listed in their manual, they still had no clue as to .what I was after. I eventually had to email them the pictures from their own user manual. Finally they found the part, sent it back to Rother Valley, who charged me 10 quid including postage for the lever and an alignment peg.

Totally disgusted by the lack of interest, will or knowledge to sort this out. Will never buy Celestron again with such awfully limited dealer backup.

Archived