skyliner 150p dob advice please

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think it will be a long time before i upgrade an eyepiece. i have read on here about people upgrading to a celestron eyepiece and they said it was a big difference hope you have good results aswell. just hope i get good skies to try my scope out on the weekend if i get it by then

a Barlow lens from FLO is about £30 but with your 25mm eyepiece it doubles the maginification - I use it all the time at the moment.

Yeah you guys will find that buying big apature dobs you might get thrown off with it being a fast scope so you need quality eye pieces which can make all the difference. But I always found its more about the right set up and conditions so don't worry to much and good star hunting!

£30 isnt bad still ill have to wait a couple of weeks i think before i try one already gone over budget oh well hope its worth it :D

is it the skywatcher delux barlow you refer to?

Yes thats the one- I've nothing to compare it too unfortunately- you can get 3 and even 5x barlows- but for a relatively cheap price I've found it really good- I've upgraded some of my other lens but have no intention of doing so with this one for a while (if ever)

Archived