NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2" ep's on LX90.

Hi Folks.

Would like a little advice please. I'm toying with the idea of changing my 1.25 ep's to 2". The problem that I can see is that the 2" diagonal would hit the base (battery box) on my LX90 if the scope were to be aimed upright. Do you think a wedge would help with this problem? Would be grateful for any other suggestions as well.

Thanks. Chris. :icon_salut:

I can't see how a wedge would help.

I have A LX90 12" SCT, And I use a WO 2" Diagonal with the SCT Adaptor which allows it to be used also as a 2" push fit with the adaptor removed. I get plenty of clearance between the Diagonal and the fork base.

A pic with the SCT Screw adaptor in place (Right.)

and the other with the 2" push adaptor in place. (Left)

The screw adaptor allows the Diagonal to get quite close to the OTA Endplate.

What make is your Diagonal?

If yours is an 8" scope, perhaps the clearance is a lot smaller than the 12"

Ron.

post-13213-133877724323_thumb.jpg

post-13213-133877724333_thumb.jpg

Hi Barkis.

I haven't actually got the 2" diag yet but I'm thinking about a WO Dielectric, one of those 'superbright' ones. I've only seen pictures of them, but they look quite long, but didn't realise they had an extender on them. Hopefully that may cure the problem. Most grateful for your help on this.

Chris.

Archived