NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Binocular mounts

hunterknox

A colleague asked me today how to attach their binoculars to a photo tripod. Not having done it myself I said I had no idea but I'd find out so...

How's it done, can it be done for a reasonable price and are there any other solutions for stable binocular stargazing that won't break the bank?

Hi H

You can get bino adaptors for photo tripods. They grip the centre stem of the bino`s and fit onto the tripod using the normal tripod thread fitting!. Think you can get them for less than a tenner!

HTH

Steve

I have this one for my 10x50's. Works fine, but honestly I don't find the binos on a tripod combo too comfortable to use, especially on observing targets that are higher up in the sky at the time of observing - this combo can cause some real uncomfortable positions and neck pains. So I mostly just use binos from hand and use the telescope for more serious obervation. But, it's a cheap piece of kit, so no harm in owning one - never know when it'll come in handy.

Archived