NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Guide Scope Help .

Hey All,

I'm looking to buy a guide scope for my current setup, it's porbably goning to be the SW ST80, good price and seems to come reccomended by many on here!

Firstly what is the best way of mounting, I've read that the guide scope rings you can buy are no good? So how do you guys mount your guide scope with enough adjustment to aling to your main scope?

Secondly I already have the SPC900 webcam, does this need the LXmod to work as a guide cam, or would it be fine in it's current state.

Lastly, the cable that attaches computer to mount, does this need some form of usb converter from Hitech Astro or do some computers have the right port built in? And what port is it if thats the case.

Any other advice you may have about starting out with guiding would be greatfully recieved. Planning to use PHD but don't know much about it yet!

Many thanks in advance.

Stu

Ok, Having posted this, some similar threads where suggested by the forum.

It looks like the best way is to bolt the ST80 to the tube rings of my 250 with a dovetail bar!

However couldn't find any anwsers about my other 2 questions in other threads!

Cheers

Stu

Archived