Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which astrograph?!!!!

Hello everyone! I need some guidance please.... I'm after a compact 'astrograph'/mini scope for around £300. I will primarily use it for imaging (with a Canon 5d) but also as a grab and go/travel scope etc. It needs to be easy to mount onto a standard camera tripod as well. (my driven EQ3 has a camera thread/mount on it already etc). I have been looking at the short version of the Antares Sentinel from SNS as it fits my criteria nicely. I know its not an ED. I also looked at the Celestron ED80 Ultima spotting scope from Hawks photographic at the reduced price of £299. I know very little of either scope and based solely upon the erring-on-negative reviews of the Sentinel, I was initially put off- that said, I know that I wont be getting the world's best at this price and even so, is it really THAT awful?.... I am aware that there is a huge amount written about this class of scope, but I would really appreciate some solid advice. I'm still sorely tempted by the Sentinel unless anyone can come up with a better idea for the money...help!...? :)

Archived