Fucoser mod help please

Hi I have a 0.965" focuser so my eyepieces are hard to find and FOV is very limited.

In another post I was asked if my focuser unscrews and it does.

Apparently I can now turn this into a 1.25" focuser but I have no idea what I need to do this.

This is apparently a better way than using a adapter... thats all I know.

Please advise, I am hoping to sort this out and order some decent 1.25" eyepieces this weekend if possible.

To be honest I would invest the money you would spend on a new 1.25" focuser (assuming you could find one that would fit the tube and still give you focus) on a new scope.

If you still want something in the same "class" as the 4.5" newtonian then have a look at the Skywatcher 130 which retails for £135, or £169 with a driven RA axis

Thank you for the suggestions but, no I am not replacing the focuser, just trying to adapt it.

The bit where the .965 eyepiece fits in can be unscrewed and removed.

The tube is wider now, and can presumably fit a 1.25" screw in bit...or a better adapter?

I just do not know what that is called or what to order.

I do not want a bigger or newer scope.

This one I have is a classic and I can see VERY WELL and am happy to keep it.

I want upgrade with new eyepieces and was told their is a way without replacing the whole tube or buying a new scope.

Archived