NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Starting out :-)

Hi there

I have always been obsessed with the solar system and everything in and around, i would really love to start star gazeing but I haven't got none of the equipment or even a clue to know where to start, i was hoping someone with experience and the know how could maybe help me with what I need to start my star gazeing,I really can't wait to see what I can find up there in our sky it is totally amazing,thank you in advance :D x

At it's most basic level all you need is a pair of eyes and a desire to learn. next level up is a planisphere and binoculars after that a scope maybe. Think about what sort of things interest you and what sort of money you are looking to spend (if any). where you will be viewing from how you are going to get a scope there (assuming that's what you want) and where you are going to store it. Planets and the moon are ok through a small scope looking at starfields is lots of fun with bino's and a planishere or even just naked eyes and a planishere is quite rewarding. If you want to see nebula's clusters and things. You are talking about a larger scope and if you want to take pics you are talking a couple of hundred quid for the moon and planets and for deep space objects several hundreds or maybe a thousand or so pounds. by the way welcome to sgl

Archived