NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Has anybody managed to mod a Dual-Axis D.C. Motor Drive for EQ3-2

I have the same Scope and mount as yourself and as a first scope im very impressed and have also added a dual axis motor but I think the problem would be that the mount isn't as sturdy as say an EQ5 or EQ6, I have been able to take 1.5 min exposures with my set up on a night with no wind movement at all, but think that the mount itself just isnt up to much more,

I'd be very interested to see if it could be done though, great idea for a thread.

Kev.

I found this article which looks promising. I have an engineering background so am always curious about why I need to spend £200 on a handset when I have a PC / tablet.

Current work / home / children / baby issues are making this a part time distraction at the moment, hopefully in a couple of years I can turn this into a proper hobby and spend my childrens inheritance on some top end kit. As for the results than can be achieved with a 150p on Eq3-2 take a look at Riks thread, just amazing !

Archived