Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 My best yet! a year later....

JKB

Amazing what a year can do! A year ago I started in this crazy hobby including going down the AP route!

Still after lots of practice and perseverence (oh and a bit of money!) I can be pleased with my best M42 to date!.

3hrs of data in 3min subs through DSLR.

The second image was my first ever go at the target back last February! :D (and I was pleased with that!)

Comments as always welcomed

Cheers

Jamie

post-24182-133877719385_thumb.jpg

post-24182-133877719391_thumb.jpg

That's a very nice image, very smooth. Amazing you managed this using 3 min subs. I tried M42 the other night, and even 60 second subs were overexposing the Trapezium. In fact I also took a whole bunch of 6 second subs with the aim of blending in the Trapezium, and even they were burnt out! Back to the drawing board for me :D.

Thats gorgeous!

Looks like you've followed pretty much the same timeline as me, I started with a pic of M42 last March :-)

One thing... have you checked alignment and collimation on the Newt? There seems to be double-difraction spikes coming off some of the stars? (not just the double stars :-)

Ben

Archived