new scope

hi guys, after some major advice

im looking at purchasing a new scope. me n my brother have basically been sharing a skywatcher 130p go to scope for a few months n im hooked

i want something equally as good

i grabbed a second hand seben 'big boss'. if im honest it was good enough to keep me interested but im looking for something bigger n better

i like to dabble in webcam astrophotography so obviously an equatorial mount was an option but what id like to know is

what type of scope

refractor reflecot etc

i really like the look of this!

Skyliner-200P FlexTubeTM AUTO

200mm (8") F/1200 Parabolic Truss-Tube FULLY MOTORISED auto-tracking Dobsonian

1 question, is it good. and will the tracking be enough for some short exposure webcam stuff?

(thats 2 :-S)

do i go for the big bang for teh buck or do i look at something different completely like this?

SKYWATCHER SKYMAX-127 (EQ3-2) TELESCOPE

127mm (5") f/1500 MAKSUTOV-CASSEGRAIN

i will be transporting it from my house to my girl friends alot

i like planetary and deep space stuff.

please help! so much choice!!!!!!!

or any other alternatives

$400 ish and good for webcam photography, ideally some sort of tracking

thanks guys

I hear that a lot or people are more than happy with the 200p skyline. If you want to really know if any telescope is worth buying especially as bigger apertures mean more expense, I would recommend that you but a Ronchi eyepiece to enable you to check the quality of the mirror . To do DSO's you need to have a fast telescope of f/5 or even f/4 to take photos within a reasonable time span and of course at these low focal ratios it is important that you have a quality mirror. Happy hunting and welcome to the site.........

yeh i think bigger is an understatemnt. massive i think covers it lol

would it be worth paying the extra for the tracking? or is a just an extra selling point?

its alot cheaper without

so for short exposures.......30-40 seconds......this would work for planetary viewing?

just using a cheao webcam conversion

Archived