Celestron NexImage Solar System Imager

I have viewed most of the threads regarding web imaging and seems the recommended CCD is the Philips SPC880 flashed to replicate the now discontinued SPC900NC.

The bad reviews & poor availability from a particular supplier does put me off, and I am willing to pay a bit more to ensure I receive & not play "lottery".

Has anyone got any experience & advice on the Celestron NexImage SS Imager, as seems to be a fairly comprehensive package and varies on cost from £100 - £130.

Any comments on suitablility with my telescope (see signature) would be appreciated.

Andy. Milton Keynes

I have one, and from basic tests of taking the same image with the same settings in sharpcap with both Neximage and a flashed SPC880 and to my untrained eye there was hardly any difference in the resulting image. Just around £100 in price difference.

I purchased this before I had actually received the scope, which was on order, and if I had know would of put the extra to the £130 price tag and got the QHY5...

IIRC correctly the NexImage is the same CCD as the SPC?

SPC is available from Telescope House.

Can I ask where you have seen bad reviews of the SPC?

The bad reviews were regarding the seller.....

Archived