Another new experience

Had no idea you could see the shadow of Jupiter's moon on the planet like that, great stuff.

Must be good seeing tonight as I can split Polaris immediately without having to squint. Last night I couldn't see the companion at all. Unless it's the lack of condensation tonight compared to last night.

Had no idea you could see the shadow of Jupiter's moon on the planet like that, great stuff.

Nor did I until a couple of years ago. I was watching my video of Jupiter and this black spot appeared. I thought it was a moon until this planet crept out from the limb of the planet. I was astounded. They don't teach you this stuff at school..... well, not at mine they didn't :)

Same here, ithought i was looking at the four moons one night and the next night they were in totally different positions too far to shift in one day that was when i realised it was a shadow.

Still not seen saturns moons yet.:)

D.C

Same here, ithought i was looking at the four moons one night and the next night they were in totally different positions too far to shift in one day that was when i realised it was a shadow.

D.C

Try this Jupiter's Moons

You can advance by hours, days, forwards, backwards, etc. It will show you where the moons are at any given time and you can see how fast they move and boy do they move fast!

Archived