Focusing problems

Had first light with my new scope last night (200p DS), managed to get Jupiter nicely in focus using the BST 12mm and was well chuffed seeing that. The problem is the supplied 28mm eyepiece. I could not get it to focus on anything, mostly just saw the secondary and spider, just before packing up i decided to pull the eyepiece out slowly and managed to get it to focus but it was only in the focusser one or two mm.

Any suggestions?

I was having the opposite problem with my 250 because I'm an idiot. With my scope theres a 2" adapter and a 1.25". The stock 28mm fitted into the 2" adapter that then into the focuser and worked right away. Then I put a hyperion into the 2" as they are dual fitting not knowing any better (it still had the 1.25" part attached). All I could see in the top left was the secondary and spider. Changing the adapter to the 1.25" fixed it right away.

Just been out to the garage to look at the bits and low and behold an extension piece!

Well at least thats one more of the pieces that came in the box i know what it is! Didn't even think of that, just thought as it was the supplied eyepiece it should work.

Thanks !

Archived