My old/new scope ....

Hi folks

I'm in the process of re-assembling my Orion SkyView Pro 80mm ED EQ telescope. It's been in a cuboard for a number of years now as when i got it and tried to get to grips with it i found the equatorial mount quite a challenge .... Anyway, it's out of the cuboard now and about to be put back together .... But i'm very interested in what you guys out there might think about this instrument and it's optical capabilities ....? What will this image show me well? I expect to be blown away by views of the moon, but what about the planets? What about deep sky objects? In addition to the standard accessories that came with my scope i've added a set of fliters and a 35mm deepview eye-piece .... Is there anything else that i should consider getting to enhance my use of my scope?

Really interested to know what folks might think about this scope ....

Clear skies everyone!

Donaldo

80mm ED should be pretty good.

Very good views of the planets, and it will pick out a decent selection of the DSO's - brighter ones will show up best owing to it being 80mm.

Check the eyepieces out for quality. Not sure when made but ED glass in an eyepiece is common now for better performance. If more are wanted then the BST Explorers are very good and should do well in the scope.

Archived