Camera for Skywatcher Explorer 130p goto?

Hello there.

Being a newbie to all this, I'm interested in 'eventually' getting a DSLR for some piccies.

Budget around £350.

Are there any suggestions as to a camera?

I'm not expecting to take 'Hubble' pics, but just some half decent shots, more for my own pleasure than anything.

Roy.

I have used a 1000D on assorted scopes and camera lenses with pleasing (at least to me) results. I don't claim it is the best setup. But I worked on being only as wrong as many others when buying this kit!

Your budget will buy a new 1100D. Or a used 1000D that has been astro-modded. That is the internal red/IR cut filter removed. This greatly boosts performance on the red hydrogen clouds.

Hope this helps.

David.

Canon camera's seem to rule the roost when it come to Astrophotograpy, not sure if the active live view is any good on the later models, it should help with focusing hopefully somebody that uses one will spill the beans on if there any good or a waste of cash as far as scope focusing goes...this link might help with the modding ect...

DSLR Astro Mod ~ Digital SLR Modifications for Astronomical Imaging

Archived