Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Roll off - Roll on - Roll off - Roll on !!

malc-c

What is it with this ruddy weather...

After days of cloud cover the skies started to clear and even though I'm currently suffering from a bad chest infection, I ignored nurses (read the wife's) orders and went out to apply the PE correction Chris had kindly sent me, and to see if my PHD graphs would be any better. Rolled the roof off, powered up the mount and PC and then installed a newer version of EQASCOM (PC was a few versions out of date) and checked my polar alignment. Loaded up the PE file and slewed the scope out of park..... by which time the *&^% clouds had covered most of the sky... Parked the scope, and rolled the roof back closed.

Went in for a cuppa, watched a bit of telly and then stuck my head out again... mostly clear... so back up the obsy, roll the roof open again and then proceeded to slew the scope to a target star and opened up PHD. By the time I had done a few calibration runs and was ready to do a full run I noticed that the stars in PHD screen were fading... looked out again and yes, loads of cloud had come in from the west again....:icon_scratch:

I parked the scope, rolled the roof closed again, but this time closed up the observatory completely. Wife came in from her weekly coffee meeting with some friends and commented on how clear it was.... !! I left it ten minutes before looking out and sure enough the moon was illuminating loads of cloud... it didn't catch me a 3rd time !

Still on reflection (no punn intended) maybe it was just as well I admitted defeat. By this time I was coughing my head off and feeling like C***

Archived