Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A favourite tool

wainscottbl

So tonight after a nap I woke up, had a simple dinner and went out to pray my Rosary with a cup of tea in hopes of seeing the stars. Alas, clouds had moved in, always a disappointment. The moon is still visible here in Kentucky, and I am sure if I had a telecope I could have some fun with some moon viewing, but othewise the night proved unproductive. Still this site is one of my favourite tools for those nights when I go out into a cloudy disappointment. I go back inside and log on to this view from the local TV network weather:

Louisville Weather, Louisville, Kentucky Weather and Local Forecast - WLKY Louisville's Channel 32

It allows me to see the clouds from a very local perspective while being able to zoom out and see how far they reach back and if I might have a chance that night to see anything. Alas tonight the clouds stretch almost all the way across the country, and mind you the US is big and I live closer to the Eastern seaboard, so unless I get lucky, no stargazing. But I do love this tool, and wondered if anyone else had any particular websites they used to gather this info.

Archived