Help needed with firmware HEQ5 Pro

Brit9er

I have just bought an HEQ5 Pro. It ha sthe handheld with it showing the firmware version as 02.04.

Ive been on the website and downloaded the Ver 3 Loader and the latest firmware version 3.27

from here

TELESCOPE SUPPLIERS - SKY-WATCHER TELESCOPE

I have also bought the relevant leads to connect to my PC. This one:-

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Ive set up the leads, installed the drivers etc etc. I cant get the PC to connect to the hand controller. No matter what Ive doen I get the same message " Comm. ERROR!!! or No Connection"

Ive tried 3 different PC's and I get the same no matter what. Im beginning to think that this version 2.04 is not user updatable? Im pretty confident that Ive got the drivers loaded properly, although I dont have a PC with serial ports on. Ive used the supplied drivers disk with the USB converter. Its prolific and Ive downloaded the latest driver too.

Has anyone had the same problems? Has anyone got past this problem or is it a new handset with a later version that I need?

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

TIA :)

Its a case of RTFM I think!

If you download and read the guidance notes it states that the minimum level of firmware that you can upgrade from is version 3.0

http://www.skywatcher.com/swtsupport/Firmwares/Updating%20the%20SynScan%20Firmware.pdf

From version 3.0 onward, the SynScanTM firmware is user upgradeable. User can download

the latest version of the SynScan firmware from the Sky-Watcher web site and easily update

their hand controls.

System requirements

SynScanTM Hand Control of version 3.0 or later.

Windows95 or later

An available RS-232C communication port on the PC

PC link cable that comes with the SynScanTM hand control

DC power supply with 7.5~15V/100mA output. Power plug should be 2.1mm

diameter, tip positive.

Sorry !

Archived