NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 2/1/2012

tbird

Jupiter from 2/1/2012, sw150p, cg5 mount, philips webcam x2 barlow. About 1600 frames, 10fps.

I'm still getting the hang of sharpcap and registax, just need some clear skies for more practice.

jupitercrop.jpg

I keep trying with Jupiter, I don't know if I'm making any progress. I'm using the moons to focus with gain and exposure set high. I seem to be getting plenty of detail but not a nice crisp image, certainly won't take any enlargement.

Anyway latest attempt from this evening

jupiter05_01_201218_13_00.jpg

and

jupiter05_01_201216_18_45.jpg

Yoy will probably need a bit more scale TBird 60 odd pixels across is not going to show much fine detail. Perhaps a 5x Barlow?

The Mrs wasn't impressed when the last package from FLO arrived :(, Now how do I sneak another in ?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually got a chance of imaging the GRS tonight 17/1/12, thought I add to my existing thread. Same kit as before but taking 4 minutes of data at 15 fps, so getting a lot more frames, I've also upped the gain as I had it set very low previously.

jupiter17_01_201220_11_51.jpg

Archived