Connecting my DSLR to my Telescope..?

hey up..

i just got (for chrimbo) a Jessops TA900-114EQ telescope and am hoping to be able to mount my Canon EOS 550D to it in order to try and photograph some of the things i might see :)

i see i need a T Ring and T Adaptor, but i'm not sure what size T Adaptor i need.. is it the diameter of the focus thing?

thanks in advance..

rors

Before you fork out on that kit, you may want to test if you can get the camera anywhere near focus.

Hold the camera (with no lens) to the focuser when it is all the way in and see if you can focus on something (like the moon) by moving the body away slowly.

Refractors typically struggle to achieve focus, and with a Jessops I would be surprised if you can manage it. Remember the adaptors are going to move the camera further away from the secondary and make it even harder to focus.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks Kh3ldar..

i actually managed to get a pic of jupiter last night :D

unfortunately the moons (i could see 3 of them) could only be seen on a longer exposure which meant the planet and the moons were streaky :)

all good though.. never seen anything like it before :)

Archived