NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sky safari for android phones

jam1e1

Worth a look at this app if you have an android phone and want an excellent sky chart/atlas for observing. It's been out for ages for iPhone, just been ported to android with most if not all features.

Has number of features including vast catalogue, observing lists, time shifting, magnitude and angular separation etc. use this every time go observing.

Plenty of reviews are available, southern stars is the manufacturer - overall in my view worth every penny.

hi would need a hardware interface - see the SkyFi unit or reference to bluetooth serial adaptor - check the southernstars website for details - Southern Stars • Home

Expect that scope is compatible but worth checking:

Southern Stars • Products • SkyFi • Telescope Control

Also there is a yahoo support group for SS join that too

Hope that helps

Jamie

Coming from the iphone to android i was dismayed when i did a search for starmap pro (only doing it for iphone ipad etc, more fool them!) and couldent find it .Theres quite a few astro apps out there for android but none of them matched up to SM Pro on the iphone.

I have to say after finding Sky Safari it isnt that far behind Stellarium and on par with SM Pro and has all the features what you need for obversing planning etc ,a bit pricey for the full version but worth it in my opinion

Archived