Which shed nebula in monochrome?

ollypenrice

Sorry, I mean Witch Head. :D

This is so frustrating. I like this data. There is about nine hours of it but there's a catch. Some of it was taken with Tom's 11 meg camera and no reducer. With my cameras I need the reducer and the reducer seems to be generating a blaze of colour and spikes from nearby Rigel. In this image I simply erased my spikes and artefacts from the Tom data underneath... but I haven't got an 11 meg about me for the colour and last night's RGB is a scrapper. Maybe colour in 2 panels at native FL. 12 hours at the very least, maybe double that. Hmmm.

I need to think about this but for the moment I thought I'd like to share the mono because the Witch Head is surely one of the greatest and spookiest of objects.

Olly

WITCH-HEAD-MONO-X2.jpg

Let me see- you have dark sky, more toys to play with, a mass of time and you're still looking for sympathy?? :):D

Looking good- I think I'll take the easy targets such as splitting m42's trapezium (A to I)..

Super cool object. I'm rotating my head to see it upside so to speak.

Also I'm off to align the Q frames and erase those Spikes from Rigel.

Tom.

I know it is usually presented the other way up but as far as I can see mine's north-is-up, no?

http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Photography/Widefield-images-including/ORION-FIN-V3-WEB/1169360248_zJFJG-X3.jpg

It also looks much better this way up to my eye.

I've tried the OSC without reducer and it has worked. No spikes or reflections. Sigh of relief.

Olly

Very nice detail Olly, there's a few galaxies at the bottom (South :D of the nebula I haven't noticed before. Looking forward to the colour version now you've got a plan together!

Yes, they are really cute. In a less stretched version you can actually see a barred spiral stucture. Amazing really.

Olly

Archived