Prime focus camera problem

Hi all, i now my t ring and am trying to test during daylight direct connection of my Canon D60 to my SW 102 refractor. with the camera connected using the viewfinder i can focus on a subject a couple of km away but when i try to take a shot i get an Error 01(which is i think Lens connection error) flashing and no picture. Camera set to Manual i can change the shutter timer but not the aperture.

Any ideas welcomed

Thats right...

The aperture is fixed... with a camera lens the aperture blades are used to contol the amount of light falling onto the sensor...

If your after automatic exposure use Av mode... and the camera will adjust the shutter speed to control the exposure...

Tv or Program modes wont work as they need to be able to control the aperture...

Peter...

Canon SLRs should be OK using AE when connected to a t-ring

Its some Nikons that sometimes give problems when not using manual

Is the camera body pin cleanly clicking in to place when you attach the camera body.

With some t-rings, the grove for the pin is not wide enough for the camera locating

pin, and it wont connect properly

it will say 0 ...

Thered no electronics in the adaptor to communicate with the camera body...

You can buy T adaptors that have neccessary eldctronics and also give you AF confirmation...some of these allow you to set the reported f number to snything you like...

I have used 6 different canon DSLR's as well as a few Nikons and other mskrs eith dumb adaptors without any problems...

you just need to select an exposure mode on the camera that doesnt need the camera to control the aperture...

Peter...

You might have a problem with shorting contacts on the camera body side then...when the adaptor locks into place... might be worth a google search or a bit of fettling with a file to clear out a bit of metal of the t adaptor...

A quick google search reveals not all t adaptors are made the same... and its a problem with some...

"A quick google search reveals not all t adaptors are made the same... and its a problem with some... "

Agreed. With some, as I mentioned the locking pin wont engage properly.

Worst case scenario with these cheap t-rings is the camera body will fall off

Archived