Weight for AE Luton mount

dark star

I need an extra 1KG or 2KG weight for my type B AE Luton mount to get it to balance just right.

The problem is that the shafts are 1 inch in diameter so ordinary weights will not fit. I thought about weight lifting weights but I don't know how big the hole in the middle is!

Does anyone have any idea?

Who knows, maybe I will get some weights and get fit! I can lift the eq head, which weighs around 30KG, but my muscles sure ache the next day!

David

Thanks a lot Peter.

The weight of my Orion Optics UK 250mm f/4.8 reflector seems to be 10kg. I have 9KG in weights already, so will get a set of 1.25 and 2.50KG weights, in case I ever get a heavier telescope! Also, I might need the 2.50kg weight to allow for an eyepiece and finder scope.

Sports Direct has a special offer on 4 weights for 22 pounds, so I will probably get these after Christmas.

By the way, I have fitted some castors to the pier which should make polar aligning easier!

David

Archived