Jupiter, visible moons?

There are one or fainter moons which can be seen but they're very, very, much dimmer than the Galilean moons and are a particularly tough challenge if Jupiter is in the same FOV. You would have to go extraordinary lengths to stand a chance of seeing them.

Have downloaded that WinJupos, thanks for the advice, thanks Umadog interesting to know.

Damn weather improved after I'd dismantled the scope and gone back inside :icon_salut: . One of the sessions I'm going to get more than an hour of dark skies so I can look at a couple of other things I can't wait to see.

Did manage to get a very amateur shot using my phone (25mm eyepice and 2x barlow).

db2e87d9.jpg

I tried using my SNC900 last night for the first time and got the same as your phone.

I failed completely on my first attempt with the snc900, hoping for another go when I get more time. Perhaps needs a filter when looking at jupiter to get a better pic?

Archived