NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Fantastic planetary views this weekend

One of those rare occasions, I suppose. Finally saw the (Cassini?) separation in the rings of Saturn, both Mars ice caps (or whatever the smaller smudge is :icon_salut:) - using the yellow filter. Almost forgot how bright the Venus is - however its phase is least pretty now, almost a full circle as far as I could tell.

Those can be tough details to spot - congratulations !

I've yet to see Saturn this apparition as I'm not good at early rising !

Spotting the Cassini Division has been a real test of late but should be getting gradually easier as the ring system opens up from our vantage point.

Those can be tough details to spot - congratulations !

I've yet to see Saturn this apparition as I'm not good at early rising !

Spotting the Cassini Division has been a real test of late but should be getting gradually easier as the ring system opens up from our vantage point.

Best seeing conditions I remember in months! And yet the Jupiter has turned its featureless side to me ;-] Had no time to wait for it to rotate. Here's a glimpse of a freshly stacked Jupiter.

post-29956-133877706875_thumb.jpg

Archived