Celestron Firstscope 90eq, good choice??

Ok, after spending the last few weeks debating which scope to buy I saw a hardly used Celestron firstscope 90eq refractor going cheap and bought it. I was on a strictly limited budget and did not want to spend to much on a scope first time round.

Question is what can I expect from this scope. The few reviews Ive read seem favourable.

Cheers

A 90mm F/11 refractor (which I think the Firstscope 90 is) is great for double stars, the moon and planets. It will show some of the brighter deep sky objects too.

What acessories does it come with ?.

That gives you 100x and 50x. You will probably want to add some further eyepieces in due course. I assume that a 90 degree diagonal was also supplied ?.

My advice is to get used to how the scope and mount work in daylight - that saves fumbling around in the dark !.

Make sure that the finder scope is as accurately aligned with the main scope as possible - that can be done in daylight as well.

Archived