Observatory - nearly there!

ollypenrice

I've been dead lucky with the weather on this project because it can snow in November but I've had hardly anything but bright sunshine since I started about five weeks ago.

This weekend I made the doors, the front door in pine tongue and groove and the warm room to scope just in board and insulation foam. I also lined out the warm room in the same board and hard insulation foam behind it. It warms up a treat; I've just tried it!

My neighbours asked why the top hinge was upside down so I pointed out that it prevents someone from lifting off the door. Crazy Engleesh...

Since my last post I've also built the rail extensions to make the roll off get as far out of the way of the scope's view as possible.

Next, insulating inside the steel roll off roof which is a mighty dew magnet at the moment. I thought of using that infernally sticky expanding foam to glue thin insulation sheets onto the understide of the steel, unless someone can suggest a better way?

The rest is just tidying and trimming. Phew!

Olly

DOOR-M.jpg

insulatiopn-M.jpg

WIDE-OPEN-M.jpg

It could do with some nice Mediterranean blue shutters! It is looking good though Olly.

I would think your skies are a little better than here in the Ile de France? Essonne 91, too close to Paris for any Northern views for me.

Archived