RA drive help (may be a stupid question)

Hello,

Recently I got my new scope, a SW 200p with a heq5 with dual axis motors. I got some batteries today to check the motor and get used to using them. However, I try to image m45 using my DSLR with a 300mm lens. I tryed to aline the camera as close to picture in the eye piece. Then I set the settings and tryed a 10second exposure and it came out all fine no trails (this was with no tracking). But then I tryed a 20sec exposure with the tracking at X2 on northern hemisphere. The image showed trails which came from the tracking being to fast. Is there a way to slow it down because X2 is the lowest speed on the handset and people have been getting around 30 - 60 seconds exposure without trails?

Thanks in advance!

With the hand controller switched on, the mount starts tracking at 1 X Sidereal Rate (in other words, the right speed for tracking the movement of the night sky.) The 2 X (and higher rates) are for locating objects and centring them in the eyepiece, not for tracking them.

With the hand controller switched on, the mount starts tracking at 1 X Sidereal Rate (in other words, the right speed for tracking the movement of the night sky.) The 2 X (and higher rates) are for locating objects and centring them in the eyepiece, not for tracking them.

I cant actually believe how stupid that mistake was. Thanks very much.

Archived