NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Power, exit pupil, and true field of view

Mike37N113W

I would be happy to share a very simplistic spreadsheet I made for myself.

I know everything is already on the internet. I also know that some of it might even be correct. I have not found this spreadsheet, as simple as it is, but I’m sure it (or something better) is already out there. But stuff can be hard to find.

The "Eyepiece Calculations" spreadsheet calculates the power, exit pupil, and true field of view for any telescope/eyepiece combination.

I use it as a reference for the eyepieces I have as well as any I’m considering. The spreadsheet shows the results for my eyepieces and telescope, but you can easily change all the cell I’ve marked in yellow to reflect their equipment (telescope focal length and aperture, and eyepiece size and apparent field of view.

You can see the table the spreadsheet created for my setup on my blog at Red Mountain Observatory: Eyepieces -- and you can either contact me through this forum (I think - I'm new to it so not sure how it works) or my blog and I'd be happy to email you the spreadsheet.

Archived