NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Elbrus with EQMod and CdC

Black Knight

After a brief discussion in another thread yesterday I'm taking a peek at Elbrus. I think I have it installed correctly, but I'm having problems getting it to sync the mount. Sometimes it works, but most of the time nothing happens. I'm quite happy to believe it's user error (lol), but if any Elbrus users have any ideas I'd be grateful.

I'm running CdC, EQMod 1.23s. The time in CdC is set so that the target (M74) is visible and above the horizon.

I'm using the EQMod Ascom simulator.

Elbrus has the full database installed.

I'm using the supplied M74R.Fit file.

The image is Analyzes fine.

The Telescope Type is COM/ASCOM Telescope.

The mount is tracking sidereally.

When I issue a Telescope Sync command, very occasionally the scope will slew to the target, but most times nothing happens at all, with no error messages.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Why would the telescope slew on a sync command? A sync simply tells the mount the true position it is pointing at - it doesn't issue a goto to correct any error, you'd have to do that manually (or use my ebrus client app which initiates an ebrus plate solve, sync and goto all in one go.)

Chris.

Archived