Night 2 - I need a new scope

Okay so my first night wasn't the best. Still it didn't put me off. This time i thought i would have a go with the Celestron Powerseeker 675 (114mm) i bought off the bay for £12. In my beginners eyes the moon was a great sight, but once again I was plagued by vibrations in the EQ1 mount that made the image wobble so I have decided to sell both the Celestron scopes (the 76mm and 114mm reflectors) and buy something "new" :) my first ever new scope purchase.

My prior plans of spending £300 on a scope have been frowned upon by the other half so to save myself from a painful death i have revised my budget.

I am leaning towards the Dobs now too, for ease of use and there is no messing about with the mount. Its something i can leave in the shed and grab and go.

My scope choice is a follows

Skywatcher 130p

Skywatcher 150p dob

Skywatcher 1145p reflector

I know the 150p is probably the best here but is it £70 better than the 130p?

I want something useful and easy what do you all think?

I know the 150p is probably the best here but is it £70 better than the 130p?

I would say yes. I went from 90mm (refrac) to 130mm (Dob).A bit more of a jump then 130-150, and the difference was/is vast. So £70 for a jump from 130-150mm i would think will be equally as rewarding.

I am now about to take a jump from 130mm Dob to a 200mm modified SCT

Images i have seen that are taken/seen in a 200mm scope have excited me to no end.

Archived