New telescope find and advice

Hey, this is my first post and am new to astronomy. I recently bought a sky-watcher pro 120mm ED f/900 refractor. I was in a pawn shop and saw it, thought it looked cool, and managed to haggle it down to $350. I had it checked out and the optics seem to be in great condition.

However, it seems that the tripod is missing the head part that goes in between the tripod and the scope. Is there anywhere I can buy just the "head" part, because i do not really want to spend an extra $300 on a new tripod.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

This post seems to ask the same question as your last one so I'll delete your last one to avoid confusion.

Hope thats OK.

It looks like you are in the USA so our respondents will need to bear that in mind when they reply.

Hi Gimli and welcome to the forum, LOTR fan I see, your scope is an excellent purchase, but you seem to be missing the equatorial head part, having it seems only the tripod and OTA, as you are in the USA you will need to search your Astro outlets for the head part, maybe Christopher's / Astronomics may be able to help, but be prepared for some expense as the heads, even the hand driven ones will not come cheap, you could also try advertising on the Cloudy Nights forum in their Classified adds section HTH ;)

Archived