SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron 130eq mods

T0M

Hi guys, I'm new here and to astronomy, so I apologise if this has already been asked!

Basically, I am exceptionally pleased with my first scope, the celestron 130eq, and bought the lens kit from celestron to enhance my viewing but can't help but wonder if and how I could make it better! For example, the focuser wheel feels a bit too coarse with smaller eyepieces! I understand that the focus become more sensitive as a consequence of the magnification, but wonder of I can get around it?!

Any help or suggestions much appreciated!

Cheers

Tom

I'd say try living with it for a while first - overly-fine focusers can be just as annoying as overly coarse ones, and I found that - over time - I've got used to the relatively coarse focusser on my Sky-Watcher 130P and it causes me no problems.

On my Mak I solve things with a clothes peg. You can also get (from the pound shop) some plastic crocodile clips that can be used as extension levers for fine focusing (I've used those ones too! :icon_confused: )

Archived