NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ready for some imaging tonight....

rocketandroll

So, anyone else going to be braving the 'strong breeze' and taking advantage of the clear skies in the east tonight?

My aim is: on site by 5:30, set up by 6:15, imaging by 6:30...

Target 1: The western veil (yes, I'm mad, but looks high enough for at least two hours to get something on it and I aim to do the same Sunday if the forecast remains clear for then too).

Target 2: M45 - need to add some more data to the hour and 20 mijns I got the other night... once it's high enough at least

Target 3: Rosette - dunno if I can be bothered to stay up late enough for it to climb out of the murk... looks like I can't start on it till about 10:30pm at the earliest... but again my hope is to grab an hour tonight and an hour on Sunday to try and get a nice widefield of it before my longer fl newt turns up next week and I can start picking out some sexy details.

Anyone else got some good suggestions?

Ben

Good luck. My first Horsehead in H-a hopefully for me, although the wind is likely to put a dampener on things.

Try Comet Garradd. It's looking rather impressive right now. Sadly it's disppeared out of view of my obs now. Oh, for a portable setup.

Gave up and stayed in in the end.... it totally clouded over by about 5:00 and didn't start clearing till 9:00 or so... and by that point I was way too tired to be bothered.... decided that, as Sunday is still looking awesome, I'd just make a marathon session of it for then... as it looks like being the last largely moon and cloud free night between now and Christmas.

I'm aiming for a total of 6hrs of data gathered on three targets in one night... which will be an absolute record for me... most I think I've ever got in one night is about 2hrs or so :-)

Fingers crossed the forecast doesn't change at the last minute as it has a habbit of doing!

Ben

Archived