NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sw 200p dob base, centre scew bolt size

sunshine185

You have! I found the post on dob mods, one question, you mention you put carpet tile on the mount, do you have a link to these please? I noticed that there is quite a bit of lateral wobble on my mount, if i tighten the bolt too much its too tight and wont spin, too little and it wobbles, been racking my brains trying to think of a way to solve this. Also thinking of trying these instead of a lazy susan http://stargazerslounge.com/diy-astronomer/156695-sw-dob-base-smoothing.html

I'm not so sure about Lquinlan's mod ? If it works for him then fair enough but as a rule of thumb metal is harder than wood and after a while the friction will start wearing on the base board. A good idea but I found the lazy susan was a cheap and effective solution for me. I cut 2 circles out of a standard carpet tile and drilled a hole through the center for the axle bolt to fit through. The cut tile was then placed back to back so that the carpet side contacts the base boards. It is then just a case of tightening the axle bolt until you reach the desired amount of friction. It can take a couple of goes to get it just right so make sure you have spanners in your kit if traveling to dark skies :D

Archived