NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How to process Luminance with DBK on Jupiter ?

Hello,

Yesterday I thought I try image Jupiter with a 684-pass filter on my DBK21-618 to see if I might be able to use it as Luminance in combination with a color image, using my DBK. To my surprise I could capture more light than I had imagined with the 684-pass filter and a Mak-150 scope, and during the recording I could see more contrast and detail than without the filter.

However; I recorded everything in Y800 with debayering off like I'm used to. Now my question is how to make a luminance from the IR-pass recording. Should I also first debayer it (but then the 684 image is red), turn it into B/W somehow (or should I have recorded it in B/W with the DBK) ? And where do I combine the Luminance and color ? I thought in photoshop or something like that, but I also noticed a Luminance setting in registax) ?

It's clear I haven't tried the processing yet, but I have a very old computer so would like to know the best strategy before I start :D

Thanks in advance :eek:

Jeffrey

Archived