NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

could someone with a SCB-4000 do me a favour

mindburner

Just got the samsung camera and have been messing about with it and a video lens I had. Thoug it was the kens but happens with or without it

If I power up the camera with the lens cap on and put the sens-up to x512 I get a large bright blob in the image. I expected a bit of dust but I am starting to get worried that there is a mark on the ccd or something. The camera has not been opened up. I think I can see the mark on lower sens up settings too.

If someone could ramp up their Sens-up with the cap on and see if they get the same result.

I attach a picture of the 'blob' looks like a new supernova...

_DSC0018.JPG

below. here it is at x12 (the other lights are my modem)

Could you see the white blobs from the start? It's definitely not normal. I suppose nothing can be seen when looking at the CCD or after cleaning?

It looks more like a production problem that you have to sort out with the supplier. If you didn't remove the IR filter the camera should be still under warranty.

Good luck.

Could you see the white blobs from the start? It's definitely not normal. I suppose nothing can be seen when looking at the CCD or after cleaning?

It looks more like a production problem that you have to sort out with the supplier. If you didn't remove the IR filter the camera should be still under warranty.

Good luck.

pretty much yes. I first noticed it when I had the camera body cap on and was playing with the settings. I though I must have changed something so I did a factory reset. No change. The 'blob' changes orientation if I use H V etc so looks like its on the CCD. I also tried an air duster incase of dust,no effect.

Contacted Buythis today so I will see how they handle the return.

i guys. Well I just got the camera replaced and the new unit does not exhibit the same behaviour. It was interesting to see the problem. I did try the light proof box idea incase of ingress from the case, but no change. The 'blob' got bigger as sens-up was increased. The blob also moved around depending on the orientation settings. Definately a fault of some kind. The new camera has a bit of amp glow at FIX512 but I guess that is common. The camera is great I must say, just managed a quick shot of the moon with a humble AZ mounted ETX90 before cloud ended play, but very nice it was too. The cam also focused on the big dob which was nice, just need a clear night to try it out. Buythis were quite good as they replaced the unit fast after a bit of faffing with Samsung technical support. If anyone has a problem with their camera, call Samsung first, they will give you a return number, then the vendor can make a new delivery and collect the old camera.

screen on new camera...

4000%252520new.JPG

Archived