Full disc CaK sun - 5 Nov

smerral

Very nice images. CaK provides a wonderful alternative perpective to solar activity, much like white light and H-a in their own particular ways. I also prefer to see the limb darkening effect as you show in your images, which illustrates that the sun is a globe rather than a flat disk.

In my opinion both images could maybe be a little brighter, but that is just my preference. Great shots nevertheless!!

Maybe you could say a few more words on you setup?

Regards

Stu.

Thanks for the appreciative comments.:) Stu, I am using a lunt Cak B600 diagonal on a Skywatcher Startravel 102 mm refractor.

The sun is getting rather low at my location now in the north of Scotland, so close ups are becoming a bit problematic. These full disc mosaics came out well though. :)

Excellent. Very comparable with the details I got on the giant sunspot this weekend too! Isnt it fun to compare? I am still haveing problems with my Cak shots and my Lunt B600 on the vignetting. I can put the subs together OK, but they always seem to have that dark are where the frames come together. How do you not get this? some sort of flats?

Excellent. Very comparable with the details I got on the giant sunspot this weekend too! Isnt it fun to compare? I am still haveing problems with my Cak shots and my Lunt B600 on the vignetting. I can put the subs together OK, but they always seem to have that dark are where the frames come together. How do you not get this? some sort of flats?

No I don't use flats at all and I haven't had any problem with vignetting. I use a skywatcher f/5 refractor with the B600. I stitched 9 frames, after cropping, for the above mosaic using Microsoft ICE. What is your setup?

Im using iMerge for the montages. maybe my barlow is vignetting. Ive been considering a 3x powermate barlow, but man, they are expensive!

Ah that probably explains it as mine were done without a barlow. I haven't attempted a full mosaic with the barlow yet.

Archived