NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ6 shim adjustment how to measure?

ncjunk

Hi,

I am following the guide for measuring the values off of the eq6 in order to enter them into Astro-baby´s website but am a little confused on Inches...sorry I am metric...unless you´re talking about wood in which case you can´t beat a bit of Four by Two.

I have a magical measuring stick or Vernier Caliper but don´t know how to translate the reading into the value to enter.

There are two scales on the Vernier one going from 0 - 1 (16 marks so therefore 1/16th of an inch per mark) then a smaller scale from 0-8 1/128th of an inch.

So I know I read the first scale and then the second and I get the following:-

12 (1/16ths) and 6 (1/128ths)

8 (1/16ths) and 0 (1/128ths)

6 (1/16ths) and 3 (1/128ths)

4 (1/16ths) and 7 (1/128ths)

How does that translate to the values required for ABs website?

Thanks in advance....I couldn´t bring myself to buy a digital one it just looks like it ruins an elegant and beautiful tool by sticking an LCD and bit of plastic on it!.

Neil C

This is specifically for the astrob baby website with shim calculator i dont think thats in mm

So i need to know what i have to enter based on the above numbers.

I can read the mm scale on it no probs.

Archived