Electrical Advise

Ok, i have a Dew-Not dew strap incoming for my frac and intend running it from either a decent 12'' volt leisure or gel battery but when at home i'll run it from the mains using something like this 12V 5A Car Socket Power Supply : 12V Car Accessory Power Supplies : Maplin

I have also read that an RCD is mandatory with these adapters and wondering if this one would do the trick and keep me from lighting up at night! Safety Breaker : RCD Safety Breaker : Maplin

It is always desirable to have RCD Protection when using mains supplied PSU's, especially outdoors, and in an Observatory.

The devices you are contemplating should be fine for the job you intend them for.

Ron.

Hi Damo636,

Would not think that an rcd is mandatory, your main fuse box will have an rcd(residual current detector / device) in it, however like all transformers they should be plugged into an inside socket, after the transformer it is relatively safe low voltage.

If you are going outside with the plug would reccomend :--

S.M.J Electrical Products RCD Protected 2 Gang exterior Socket 1P66

Cheers

Archived