What eyepieces to get

Ok just picked up a used Celestron Nexstar 4 GT came with just the 25mm 53x eyepiece. I would like some advice as what I dhould pick up I will get a 2x barlow but would like two more eyepieces to make my viewing a bit better what would be a good to get. Thanks Tazzilla

depending on your budget baader hyperions are very good from forum sponsor flow. and bst,s from alan at skys the limit very good and cheap. focal length wise something around a 10mm for the planets and 30+ for dso,s

Echo fauilksy above, the BST's probably give more bang for buck than the Hyperion, I have both and love them. When purchasing your barlow get at least the same quality as your eyepieces. If your calculation is correct, then subsequently :-

30mm would yield 44X or 88X with barlow

20mm would yield 66X or 132X with barlow

After some viewing time you may wish to gat an ep for higher power to compliment the range of magnifications above I would suggest an 8mm BST. Also read the sticky's in the ep section there is goood advice there also.

Good Luck.

Archived